Top talent deserves top notch benefits. The City of Boise is among the best in the Treasure Valley when it comes to the benefits and perks we offer our employees.
Most City employees are elegible for the general benefits plan listed below; fire fighters, police officers, senior managers, command staff, and directors may be offered other plans.
Low deductable medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost for you, and just $118 per month to cover your whole family as a regular full time employee. Call or email us to get all the details!
Public Employee's Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) provides a defined benefit retirement account with 100% vesting after 60 months of eligible service. 6.79% of your pre-tax wages go to the plan, and the City contributes 11.32%. Your retirement benefit is based on a formula which looks at your years of service and income and so creates a predictable retirement benefit not affected by changes in the investment market.
- 401(k) or 457 investment options are also available to complete your retirement plan with the City of Boise. As a general employee you will receive a match for your contributions up to 2% of your pre-tax wages.
- The City puts money into a Health Savings Account for you to use to pay for health expenses after you leave City employment.
- You can earn up to $500 per year by participating in the wellness program activites and annual hosted health screening event.
- Employee Assistance Program
- 8 hours of vacation per month - increasing with longevity with the City.
- 10 paid holidays every year.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month.
- Up to six weeks Parental Leave.
- Basic life insurance at no cost to you
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to you
- Pre-tax flexible spending account
- Supplemental life insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance
- Rewards for using alternative transportation
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free Boise GreenBike membership
- Free local bus pass
- Discounted gym membership
- AFLAC voluntary coverages
To help you get the answers you need, contact the Employee Benefits Team by email or call 208-972-8090 or TTY 800-377-3529.